Sunday, December 30, 2007

Shanghai - 2007.12.07 - 城隍庙 Chen Huang Miao & 田子坊 Tian Zi Fang

Another day of blue skies! Today will be a shopping day, in 城隍庙 chenhuangmiao!




Photobucket

zig-zag highway





Photobucket


very tall oh



Our destination is
ChengHuangMiao. It's kinda like an old style shopping district, where you can find silks, jade, tapestries, swords, and other traditional Chinese crafts and trinkets. But the place I'm shopping is d building beside chenghuangmiao, something like a petaling jaya warehouse. lolz~ That's where most of the fashion accesories and trinkets are.






aerial view of chenghuangmiao - photo courtesy





the actual entrance of chen huang miao - photo courtesy




I thought
chenhuangmiao was a district, and there really wasn't any temple (because I didn't see any!). But after doing some research, there was actually a small temple at the end of the district. lolz. I didn't really care cause i somehow knew that there will be an entrance fee. *RM15*




oriental KFC, I ate there! - courtesy photo






Photobucket

cheng huang miao




Photobucket

all lit up at night




Photobucket


Photobucket

down this road is where i do my shopping!




At night, we met up with one of aunty's good friends. Surprisinly, she was quite young and very hip. lolz~ Then we head off to
田子坊 tianzifang.






oh don't let this fool you! the street is inside there! - courtesy photo




I had to find photos from other sites cause I didn't have a chance to go there during the daytime, where everything looks different.












Photobucket

hidden street




This is what I love..
exploring. =) The feeling u get when u discover something new is amazing.




Photobucket

ever-cosy cafe




Photobucket


Photobucket


When they say it's time to have the best delicacies in town.

I was expecting something like this...



Photobucket



And it never occured to me in a million years that d shop would be located here!




..



Photobucket

here! can u even spot which one is actually the shop? and nope it's not the one with the yellow lights.




Photobucket

heeere




Photobucket

the space inside is soooooooooo cramped, just 5 tables




The lao ban liang quite rude lor. Because we were a group of 5, usually we're given first priority *because we'll order more! lol~* So there was a 3-ppl group outside, and when the tauke ask them to share table with another group of ppl, they started complaining and said why we can have our own table and they can't. Then guess what the tauke replied..

'Don't wanna sit then don't eat lah!' And just continue taking orders and bills.

=\

ppl business good bah..


Photobucket

the food. cost RM100+



I didn't think it's worth RM100, but the food's really good. Not something u can taste everyday.

They said that the shop was famous for their
pork legs, but I didn't know! I ate eeeverything except the pork legs. And I only knew AFTER jacky gobbled up the last one...


The night was still young, so we continued to yam cha at a dessert shop. I didn't notice the name -__- But the snow shake/ice kacang there was fantabulous. The ice is very fine, but not till it turns watery. The pearls are chewy, and the beans are sweet and rich.


So to end the post, tadaa~~



Photobucket

sweet~ with that very young n hip aunty there. haha~

2 comments:

Tony Wan said...

Wahhhhhh...Shanghai is so beautiful one? I tot it's juz a shit like KL. Good. I wish I can go there :D

cindyluv said...

it's not as bad as KL lah, still can tahan. haha