Saturday, October 3, 2009

Penang - 2008.07.25 - Day III - Sleeping Buddha & Fort Cornwallis

Ok I won't procrastinate anymore! Gonna get Day 3 over and done with so I can blog about other stuffs at ease. Hehe. Fell asleep halfway when I was writing the previous post. Hehe.

25th July 2008 - Friday

Today's weather was surprisingly quite cheerful! And our first destination was the Burma Buddhist Temple where the infamous Sleeping Buddha statue lies.


Photobucket
Sleeping Buddha


Photobucket


I was left behind again cause I was SLOW. I couldn't help it! The place was just filled with details, so many that I can't help but stop at each of them as not to miss anything.

Here's just a few of my fav pics from the temple. More in my facebook's albums if you're interested.



Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket
Standing Buddha




Photobucket
My fortune for today which I totally don't get it.




Photobucket
Everybody reading their own fortunes.




Photobucket
Entrance


For lunch, Baoling recommend this placed called T-Bowl. T-Bowl, you know, Toilet Bowl? We sit and eat off toilet bowls there. Hahaha.


Photobucket
T-Bowl Facade




Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket
Figuring out what to eat




Photobucket
Drinks




Photobucket
Eel spaghetti




Photobucket
Cheese-baked curry beef rice. Now this is nice!




Photobucket
Chicken boxing. This is just ok-ok~ Like Chilli's better. =P




Photobucket
Nice pic =)



Our next visit is the Pinang Peranakan Museum


Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket




Last stop was Fort Cornwallis for us. It was kind spontanous cause we were already on our way back. But I spotted this really tall lighthouse and decided to just check it out, and we ended up at Fort Cornwallis. Haha. Another tacky tourist spot. Entrance fee was RM2.


Photobucket
Entrance



Photobucket
Hands up.




Photobucket





Photobucket
Spices




Photobucket
We're innocent!!




Photobucket
Modern day living ey.




Photobucket



Just took a few pictures there. Pat the horses. And around 5pm it was time for us to go cause there's gonna be a massive traffic jam at the Penang Bridge. But it wasn't as jammed as I expected, reached KL around 8:30pm.

Oklah that's all for my Penang Trip! Haha sorry for the pics but no word post, already don't have the mood liao. Sigh should have blogged.

Well anyway, will update soon!


Photobucket


To check out post from my previous days in Penang pls click here:

day1
day2

No comments: