Monday, October 5, 2009

Taiwan - 2008.12.05 - Taipei 台北信義區

5th Dec 2008
Woke up at 9am today which was so excruciating. Tried to sleep early yesterday night but failed, all due to my late nights from the past few days.


Photobucket

Around the area we stayed. Aunty came soon after I woke up for breakfast, brought us to a market nearby. My first day exploring Taiwan and I went with my out-of-bed look. @_@ Anyway I didn't know that the place we ate at was actually a market (Only found out after reading Jac's blog) cause it was so clean! It didn't occur to me what kind of category that place was, it's like a foodcourt, but then there's stalls that sell meat, veggies etc etc market food. I still can't adapt to the weather, kept on shivering and cursing when a chilly wind blew past me. I saw alot of girls who wore MINI shorts/skirts with stockings (sometimes none!) and walked around like the weather is 30. And me with my super thick coat -_-



Photobucket
The bus we took everyday.


Photobucket 101!! Only then was I fully aware that I'm actually in Taiwan! =D


Photobucket



Photobucket Our first stop was Eslite Bookstore 成品書店 (I don't know what to make of this place, I thought it was suppose to be a bookstore, but then when I went in, there was a food court at the basement, and a shops at the floors above, so I guess it's a semi-department bookstore? lol)



Photobucket
4 levels of books.

THIS PLACE IS HUUUUUUUUGE!!! I wanted to spend the entire day there, but at that time I was so moody because the stupid sweater I had on was so uncomfortable and itchy. Totally spoilt my mood for book-browsing. I vow I will come back at a later date with comfy cloths and no luggage.



Photobucket
This is just half of all the archi books. They have 2 whole levels just for design books!
We were browsing the hot picks, and suddenly something caught our attention.


Photobucket
“内附安籐忠雄的親筆簽名和紙”!


Tadao Ando's signature and paper included. Wha wha whaaat?? Photobucket
They're not kidding!! But it was just too expensive. RM380+ for that book.

After the bookstore, we dropped by the Taiwan Discovery Centre 台北探索舘. There was an overall history of Taiwan, but I was distracted because of the freakin' itchy sweater. -_-


Photobucket
Inside the Centre. Free admission.



Photobucket



Photobucket


Oh and I had my first infamous 7-Eleven takeaway 便當! Haha. Really jakun lah me.


Photobucket
Many choices.

After purchasing, we found a spot outsie Eslite to eat. It just feels so relaxing in the midst of the chilly wind, with your warm takeways and milk tea.


Photobucket


Photobucket
Tadaa~! So creative.


Photobucket Mine's the Japanese Curry on the left, Jac had 排骨飯 Next stop was Vieshow Cinemas 新光三越, Hsin-Yi District.



Photobucket


Photobucket Viewshow cinemaS. With a S, cause there's sooooooo many cinemas to choose from here!


Photobucket



Photobucket




Photobucket
I know la, a very tourisy photo. Jac wanted the tree to be my 'hat' -_-



Photobucket
Bamboo Christmas tree.

On our way back, I spotted this.


Photobucket
omggg. They have so many breads to choose from!! And it's not just this particular shop, most of the bread shops in Taiwan are like this! Haaaaaaaaaa.
Went back home with a bacon bun in my left and a cup of milk tea on my right. =D

No comments: