Saturday, October 3, 2009

Penang - 2008.07.23 - Day I - Gurney Drive

Before I start, I just wanna tell you guys that I LOVE PENANG FOOD. Especially the Fried Chicken Skin. Hahaha. I think I've told almost everybody I meet how much I miss this 'delicacy'. Hehe. Yeah I know it's unhealthy, but come oooon~ It's sooo addictive!! And it's not even available in KL... Is it available in KL? Are there any here?? You know something don't you?? If you know someone selling it here you HAVE to tell me!!!!

*breaths* okok.. =P

I hope I finish this travelogue. (Unlike my Shanghai's, I don't even remember if it's done,probably should get back to it soon. =P) Really have lots of pictures to upload! Hope it won't add the the 'lagginess' that has befallen my blog. Everything after my Plurk section won't load on explorer, been using Opera often now. (Oh btw notice the new header!! Suddenly had the inspiration to do it... Or maybe it was out of boredom lah I dunno. =P)

On with our journey! Of course, we'll start with day one!


Penang - 1st day
2008 07 23 Wednesday


The journey took us approximately 4 hours, it wasn't as unbearable as I expected. To tell you the truth, I'm not very good with long car rides. I'll always feel sore everywhere and awfully bored when everybody stops talking. But the day before I slept at 4am tidying the vacant room (used to be my room but now it belongs to another 2 housemates), and did some packing. So I had a good sleep somewhere at the 2nd hours. =P




Photobucket





1: Why I never look this fair in real life? =(




Photobucket





2: A passenger's view




Photobucket





3: The only thing different would always be just the view, and two heads as the frame. hahaha.







4: This is my favourite drink of ALL TIME! Sarsi! But not just any Sarsi, this is specially imported from China and tastes NOTHING like our local too sweet Sarsi. Jac bought 3 bottles back for me but now all finished dah. =(




5: Long car rides without music, now that's really unbearable!




6: Toll super expensive lor! Each toll have to pay 2-digit leh, like RM38, 27 etc.




7: Penang bridge! It's so funny, before this I thought Penang Bridge was a really long bridge, connecting Penang mainland to the island is the Penang Bridge. But manatau, actually very small lor! Hahaha.




Hahaha. Omg this incident I have to tell you! We were around Georgetown area and couldn't find our hotel (Bayview Hotel), kept turning round and round. Finally we decided to stop at a gas station to as for directions. Jac and Heng went down whilst me and Ying stayed in the car. Just as they were about to ask the worker there, I suddenly saw this in front of me!



8: Bayview Hotel Car Park!


The hotel's car park was just right in front of us! We quickly winded down the window and shouted at the guys to come back before we embarrass ourselves! Hahaha.

After checking into our rooms, it started to drizzle. Not sure if the weather would get better or worst, and it wasn't wise to walk around town with our dslr when it's drizzling.. SO, we went to a Gurney Plaza instead! Hahaha. My god, came all the way to Penang and half-day all wasted at a typical KL mall. -_-

Well, at least we caught a great movie! Red Cliff. I thought it'll be all gibberish to me with all the Confusious-talk and 4-chinese-worlds-but-have-alot-of-meaning-talk. Haha. Come to think of it, it was all that but at least the storyline and graphics made up for it! Love it and can't wait for Part 2 in November.

Oh oh and another funny incident I just have to tell you guys cause it's just so wierd! We were rushing to the cinema to see if we can make it in time for any movie. Red Cliff was available at 3:35pm and it was already 3:30pm and we quickly bought our tickets and popcorns cause everybody around us was rushing too. And when we gave our ticket to the ticket collector at the entrance, he gave us a really wierd look and said 'You want to go into a 5:35pm movie.. now?' And we were like 'Huh? 5:35pm??'. We double checked the tickets and it was really a 5:35pm movie. Paaaaaiseh. And the wierd thing is, nobody realized that it was a 5:35pm movie eventhough when everybody was at the counter, and 3 of us bought tickets -_- Well actually I saw that it was 5:35pm but then I thought it was already 5:30pm at that time.
Swt gau gau..



9: All the movie food we bought. Sigh. Have to walk around eating it.




10: Gurney Plaza



Since we had like 2 hours to kill, we went to G Hotel which was located right beside the mall. We supposedly wanted to stay here but it was abit pricey. I've never seen hotel like this in my life. So modern yet alluring.



11: g hotel's toilet



Photobucket


12: lobby



Lemme skip all the way to dinner, cause it was what I was waiting for the whole day! Penang's infamous hawker food! I don't know why they can't make it delicious everywhere. Like the hawker food here, seriously only eat it cause I'm hungry, not because it's nice.



13: time for hawker food!




14: can u see the fried chicken skin or not??



Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket


15: lok lok


Wanted to take more pictures but was so excited with the numbers of hawker stalls and people there!! (and lots of begger too).

Ok lah that's all for day one! Jac's pestering me to log off and go bath now, he's hungry. haha. byebye!

No comments: