Saturday, October 3, 2009

Penang - 2008.07.24 - Day II - Kek Lok Si Temple

24th July 2008 - Thursday

Luckily today's weather was happy! Haha. Hopefully it'll stay that way until we set foot of the island. Baoxin decided on where we will be going for today, which is Kek Lok Si Temple in the morning, and Batu Ferringhi in the evening. So we had to somehow fill the time in the afternoon, which was decided somewhere during breakfast. =P


Photobucket
dim sum!


I wasn't that hungry cause I already had my breakfast in the hotel. We only had 3 coupons so why waste it I say? Haha. I really love breakfast buffet, especially when there's freshly-cooked omellete. Dunno why, maybe I miss my family or something but breakfast buffet always make me feels warm and fuzzy inside. Wahaha. Reminds me of familiy gatherings. =)

Ok back to topic!


Photobucket
you know lcd screen also can be used as a mirror too? hahaha.


Ok no lah, seriously back to topic.


Our first destination would be Kek Lok Si Temple.
I did some researching and found out that the English name for this place is The Temple of Suplreme Bliss. Fuyoh~

To get to the temple itself, we can either choose to walk or drive to the top of the hill. Of course we chosen the first to experience the journey even though it was very VERY hot that day. (the car's aircon was so tempting. but no! we do not succumb to petty air-cooler!)


Photobucket
we had to pass alot of stalls before we reached the temple.


Photobucket
The Liberation Pond.


I saw lots of people holding veggies and feeding them to the turtles. Don't you think that throwing veggies to the turtle looks like you're liberating something? Letting go of the veggie as sign of liberation? Maybe the veggie you plant for so long leh, and now you can't eat it but have to give turtle summore. So I assumeeed that by throwing the veggies to the turtle was a sign of liberation. Haha. Until I read this.

'The turtles are believed to be a symbol of longevity, strength and endurance. It is an act of spritual liberation when a turtle is captured and set free in this pond.'

*blinks*

Letting go of the turtle oh and not veggie.. Makes more sense.


Photobucket
And if you can see clearly, there's like a gazillion turtles there!!!!


Photobucket
Temples and gardens.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
Entering the Pagoda of Ten Thousand Buddhas.


Photobucket
Camwhore with one of the Buddhas. Hahaha. Actually wasn't camwhoring lah, Jac took this pic for me and I just held my hand up. Macam SS loh. haha.


Was too lazy to climb the pagoda. Very hot and sweaty and sticky.


Photobucket
Incline lift to the hilltop. Got aircon inside wor~


Photobucket


Photobucket
The statue of Guan Yin under construction. =( But the scaffolding looks very magnificent itself lah.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
龙的传人!Hahaha.

Photobucket


Photobucket
There was a broken toy at the middle of the stairs and it was so kesian~


For lunch, Kenny introduced us to this bali cuisine restaurant, Passion of Kerala. And I tell yoou, they really very PASSIONATE like fire with their food lor. DAMN SPICY!! I mean like, SERIOUSLY, feels like acid going through my tastebuds. But then it tastes so so nice especially the masala chicken! I want to eat but my mouth says no. Sigh.. this would be my first love hate relationship I guess.

Photobucket
after finished eating.


Photobucket
Entrancce of the restaurant.


Our next stop is the Toy Museum. Claims to be the largest in the world. (Largest as in collection and not building ah)


Photobucket
Tim Burton's Nightmare before Christmas and Corpse Bride collection


Photobucket
Child's Play Collection. It's so creepy, can't help but imagine what happens if one of the dolls blink their eyes. *goosebumps*


Photobucket
Johnny Depp~


Photobucket
Johnny Depp~


Photobucket
and more Johnny Depp! I think this is the most realistic.


Photobucket
The Spawn also had it's own super cool collections.


Photobucket


Photobucket
FF


Oklah won't post too much on the Toy Museum incase toys are not your thing. But if you want to view them all I have 'em on my facebook =) (+ all my other inappropriate Penang pics!)


It was already evening, so that means.. beachtime!! We sneaked into Holiday Inn's beach and woah was it happening there. Horses, volleyballs, motor-car, parasaling etc etc. Stupid us forgot to bring a change of cloths! And the waves were so tempting! Getting bigger and bigger by the minute. So we decided to rush to the stalls in front of the hotel to buy some cheap tourist cloths with the word 'I love Penang!' on it. Haha.


Photobucket
We tried to jump a few times but I choose this pic cause my hair looks super freaky! Hahaha. And I love playing by the sea! (I can't say swimming in the sea cause I don't know how to swim... sigh)


Photobucket
Stupid me buying white t-shirt, it's all see-through now! And I'm wearing black bra! -_-"


Our beachtime was cut short cause a storm was brewing ahead. When I was showering it started to rain like elephants and pigs or something. And I 'accidentally' took a towel back. hehe. The towel very big leh! And warm and it's green! =P


At night, we had dinner at Obake-Ya Japanese Restaurant. I think it should be called a CONCEPT Japanese Restaurant. haha. Cause their theme was eating in prison and it was so cool! When we went in, we had to take our own utensils in a plastic cup, and then made our way to the criminal offense booth and they'll lock us inside. Hahaha.


Photobucket
The entrance.


Photobucket


Photobucket
you see the plastic cups not at the right. hahaha.


Photobucket
they use those appratus for mocktails.


Photobucket
I'm always invisible to the camera =(


Photobucket
He ate my sushi so off with him! MWHAHAHA.


Photobucket
Somewhere outside the restaurant.


Didn't really take pics of the food cause the guards outside warned us that pictures are not allowed. (And how did we take so many pics ey? Hahaha)


And that's all for Day 2. Stay tune for Day 3! Tata.

No comments: